Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wednesday 2/5/14

So today was a bit different. I was planning to deadlift at 5# more than last week but that couldn't quite happen. I am interning at CrossFit DoneRight and yesterday was my first day.
"How can you teach something that you haven't learned yourself?" That question was the reason that instead of me being able to deadlift, the other intern and I went through the first 2/6 intro sessions that they require all new members to go through. We learned technique and also how to see movement faults in the plank, push up, ring row, hollow body, hollow rock, sit up, air squat, front squat, press, push press, and deadlift (I think that was everything). We then did a quick WOD...

Conditioning:
Tabata air squats

*rest 1 min*

Tabata sit ups

Conditioning:
Done, I don't remember my reps, but I was relatively consistent on the squats, but I blew up in the first 2 rounds of the sit ups. Like I was barely able to pull out 10 at the end.
Also, I haven't done high rep air squats in a LONG time, so my legs felt like absolute jello. Like it was terrible. I tried doing my deadlifts afterwards and while I was able to move 95# no problem, it was definitely tough in the sense that I felt like I couldn't generate very much power at all. I tried 135# and realized that there was no way I was going to be getting up to 195#, so decided to either try it tomorrow (Thursday) after my squatting or do it Friday/Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment