Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wednesday 5/14/14

Strength:
Snatch Progression: (Snatch Deadlift, Hang Power Snatch, Overhead Squat)
6x2

Conditioning:
10 --> 1
Cleans (155#)
Box Jumps (30")

Strength:
Strict Press:
4x3 @ Monday's weight (95#)

Pull ups:
3 sets with normal grip
3 sets chin ups
3 sets wide overhand grip
60 seconds rest in between set, all sets 3



Snatch:
Worked up to 95#
The pull and hang power snatch were fine, but I am horrendous at overhead squats. I have a lot of mobility issues that need some work and I wasn't able to get in my normal 20 minutes of warming up for squats.

Conditioning:
12:45
This was really hard. I probably could have used 145# and done a lot better but I told myself after last time the WOD had 155# in it for cleans that I would use it. Also, 30" is really high. I was not used to that at all and had to really focus on every jump. I also clipped myself on one of them and took an amazing tumble.

Strict Press:
Done.
I went kind of weak doing these. Hopefully it is just the increase in pressing volume that I'm getting used to.

Pull ups:
Done.
A wide overhand grip is quite hard

No comments:

Post a Comment